The path of anger is a storytelling tactical RPG set in an ancient world ruled by shamanic laws featuring dynamic turn-based combat and a non-linear world where your decisions matter. Travel through a meticulously hand-crafted landscape, complete quests, and interact with NPCs, each with their own interactive stories influenced by the choices you make. Relentless environmental dangers, scarce supplies, and vicious enemies are just a few of the challenges you’ll encounter as you work to rebuild a dilapidated fort and maintain morale in the face of impending enemy assault.
The Way of Wrath takes place at a time when the line between myth and history is blurred. After returning home from a devastating defeat in an overseas war, the player must rebuild an abandoned fort and unify its people to survive the coming invasion. Players will explore a giant game world, secure resource sites, gather allies, and sabotage enemy camps in the 10 days leading up to the enemy attack, then experience a climate siege finale where all their efforts and choices are put to the test. ‘test.
The Way of Wrath also features a full character creation suite with playable origins, a survival system involving finding supplies and establishing resource camps around the map, and a deep diplomacy system with which the tribes can be allies or go to war. Each NPC has a name and routine, and their relationships and fates change every day based on the decisions the player makes, creating a dynamic storyline where every choice matters.
Whether you lead with an iron fist, diplomacy or cunning is up to you, but with every choice you make, be prepared to face the consequences.
After a successful kickstarter campaign earlier this year, developer Animmal signed a publishing deal with Hooded Horse.
âWe put all our heart and soul into this project,â said Dato Kiknavelidze, CEO of developer Animmal. âWe are very excited about this partnership because Hooded Horse has a unique and developer friendly approach. They’re RPG and strategy gamers at heart, and we instantly clicked with their team. âWe’re proud to have The Way of Wrath as our first released RPG,â said Tim Bender, CEO of publisher Hooded Horse. “Its exciting mix of strategy and RPG fits perfectly with our strategic focus, and we look forward to helping Animmal deliver a great game next year.”
- Classless RPG system. Customize your character’s appearance, background, skills, and reputation.
- Handcrafted open world. Explore the vast landscape and survive its environmental hazards.
- Choice and consequence. Live the consequences of every action and shape your story.
- Management of forts. Build traps and siege equipment. Craft weapons, armor, and tools of war.
- Turn-based combat. Fight in tactical battles against enemies with unique tactics, gear, and AI skills.
- Days are history turns. Each game day, the map is updated with new encounters, quests, and all character stories advance based on the previous day’s decisions.
The path of anger is in development for PC (Steam and GOG.com) and Nintendo Switch, scheduled for 2022.
More articles on The path of anger